It’s our official 150th Birthday and everyone’s invited to our BIG B’DAY BBQ STREET PARTY!
Cecil Street will turn into one barbecue street party with flamin’ delicious food from our South Melbourne Market restaurants and traders, food trucks and carts.
FREE family-friendly music & entertainment will include:
- Roaming performers
- Jumping castle
- Giant games
- Kids face painting
- Kids craft
- Live music
- Butcher, Poulterer and Seafood trader cook-off
- Giant birthday cake
Bring the family and have a sizzling good time!
Getting here: Walk, drive or catch the 96 or 12 Tram to South Melbourne (more details).
Food Stall & Bar Applications
Open: Friday 3 March.
Close: Friday 31 March.
Notified of the outcome of your application: Friday 7 April.
What are we looking for:
- As a community event, we favour vendors whose businesses are located within the City of Port Phillip.
- We will favour vendors who will be selling barbequed food, but also understand that the community will be after a range of food options.
- Due to the nature of the event we will favour vendors with experience at festivals and events where time is of the essence. We are looking for vendors who can provide quick service to keep queues to a minimum and high quality produce.
- We are looking for food carts, food trucks and marquee based vendors.
- We are also looking for a bar operator for the event.
- The event is being held on Saturday 6 May from 10am-10pm.
- Cecil Street will be closed for the event between York & Coventry Streets from 5am to midnight Saturday 6 May.
- Vendors can bump in from 6am and bump out by 11pm on Saturday.
- 3m x 3m marquee = $880 inc GST (marquee included)
- 3m x 3m marquee (x 2) = $1760 inc GST (marquees included)
- Food Truck = $1100 inc GST
- Food Cart = $550 inc GST
- Bar vendor = $2750 inc GST (marquee included)
What you will need:
- All vendors selling food will be required to register with Streatrader.
- The bar vendor will be required to apply for a Major Event liquor licence for the event.
- Stallholders will need to bring all their own equipment. No fit-out will be provided.
- Power is available, vendors will need to provide all extension leads and power boards.
- All electrical equipment must be tested and tagged by a suitably qualified person before being brought to the Market.
- We recommend all vendors bring your own lighting for the inside of your marquees for the evening trade as it will get dark around 5pm-6pm.
- Pre-book only. All stalls must be booked and paid in advance.
- There are no refunds for cancellations or non-attendance.
- Food vendors will be required to provide their Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency with their application.
- Successful food and beverage vendors will be required to register on Streatrader.
- No sub-licensing allowed.
- After your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed and payment will only be processed once the application is approved. If your application is not approved, payment will not be processed.
- You will be notified of the success of your application (approved or declined) in early April 2017.
- Stall selection is at the sole discretion of South Melbourne Market management.