We are currently not accepting applications for new vendors as we have reached capacity with the number of food vendors using the site.
Please check back here again soon or sign up to our enews and we will let you know when applications are open again.
Thanks for your interest.
The York Street site is available on Market trading days, for a period of up to one week. The area fits a standard food truck.
The rate for the space is $50 for Wednesday, $100 Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and $250 for one week. You are permitted to trade within Market hours:
The area includes public seating and shelter.
Terms & Conditions
South Melbourne Market favours stalls with a unique offer which is not readily available currently at the Market.
The York street site is available for bookings daily and weekly. Days and times are the following:
- Wed 8am-4pm
- Fri 8am-5pm
- Sat 8am-4pm
- Sun 8am-4pm
Bump In & Out
- Bump in is permitted from 7.30am to 11am depending on your offer.
- Bump out is permitted from 3pm onwards.
- Location is on York street, opposite the Centre Aisle roller door (closest to Cecil Street).
- Two power outlets are provided on site.
- Employer and employee parking is not permitted at the Market. We kindly ask staff to park in alternative streets surrounding the Market. If you have a trailer we ask that you detach the trailer from your vehicle and park your vehicle in side street parking surrounding the Market.
- If you have issues on the day please call (03) 9209 6835.
- General Market and Cecil St food outlets and bars are open.
- Stallholders will need to bring their own trestle table, extra lighting etc. No Fit out will be provided.
- South Melbourne market provides seating and shelter for customers.
- Power and lighting is available, stall holders will need to provide any additional lighting, extension leads and power boards.
- Restrictions will be placed on the type and level of lighting. All electrical equipment must be tested and tagged by a suitably qualified person before being brought to the Market.
- Vendors are required to trade the hours as specified by South Melbourne Market.
- Prepayment is required to secure your booking.
- There are no refunds or rescheduling for cancellations or non-attendance.
No sub-licensing allowed.
- You will be notified of the success of your application (approved or declined) within 14 working days.
- If your application is approved, you must register on Streatrader
- Stall selection is at the sole discretion of South Melbourne Market Management.
- In the event of unfavourable weather conditions, we will discuss the options with you.