The Market community are deeply saddened by the bushfires burning across our country and the devastating effect on communities, farmers, wildlife and the land. We thank the tireless efforts of our firefighters, emergency services, volunteers and relief organisations as they work to protect and support all that are affected.
To show our support, the Market will be fundraising for the Australian Red Cross‘ Bushfire Disaster Relief and Recovery Appeal. You can donate at the Market, at the South Melbourne Night Market or online – https://bit.ly/2QrrgsF. We’ll have roving volunteers around the Night Market with donation tins, plus many of our stallholders will also have donation tins in store, including:
- Koenji Vintage
- PJ Plants
- Kirkpatrick’s Meats
- Rita’s Coffee & Nuts
- Joepat Fashion Accessories
- Pieno di Grazia
- The Soap Shop
- Theo’s Deli
- Paco y Lola
- Ralph’s Meats
Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Many of our Traders have also made generous donations to relief funds and are donating proceeds from sales to the cause:
- Suki McMaster: All proceeds from the sale of koala bamboo cups will be donated to the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital
- Belle Couleur: 20% of sales for the month of January being donated to the Red Cross
- Clement Coffee: This week, Clement will donate $1 for every coffee sold to the Red Cross. They have also donated all of their December and January tips.
- Padre Coffee: This week Padre will be donating 5% of all sales to the Red Cross.
- Canteen: This week, Canteen will donate $1 for every coffee sold to the Bushfire Appeal, along with all tips.
Night Market traders:
- Redhelm Organic Skincare: Donating 10% of all Night Market sales to the Bushfire Appeal