Come along and meet one of Hagen’s Organics longest standing suppliers, Wattle Grove certified organic beef producers, in store on Saturday the 5th of August. They’re here to meet customers and educate them on the beef they eat.
The Meet the Producers days are the opportunity for Hagen’s customers to meet the people raising their meat, ask questions about how the animals have lived and where they’re from and to learn about how butchers approach each animal. “Traceabilty and quality are paramount when sourcing meat from our suppliers” says owner of Hagen’s Organics, Oliver Hagen. “We know how our animals are raised, what they’re eating and how they are treated. This is vital for us to be able to communicate this to our customers”.
The focus of the day will be to discuss provenance the beef, how they’re raised in accordance with organic principles and how this meat is prepared by the butchers. All are welcome on the day, just stop by the store between 9:00am and 3:00pm for information, product tastings and specials. Hagen’s have also teamed up with market favourites Proper & Sons who will be serving a beef dish as part of their specials menu.
Hagen’s encourage people that are interested in a more engaging experience sign up for their butchery showcase classes that will be held on the same day:
- Duration: 1 – 1.5 hours
- Location: Hagen’s Organics Stall 01 South Melbourne Market
- Demonstration: How a quarter of beef is broken down and the cuts produced for sale.
- Students are invited to take notes, ask questions and engage with the process of preparing meat.
- Gifts: Students will receive a complimentary Hagen’s Organics cooler bag, information about Wattle Grove beef, a beef cuts diagram and complementary cut of certified organic beef to take home.
- Cost: Valued at over $100 will only cost $15.
*Seats are limited.