Annam Restaurant is chef Jerry Mai’s tasty package of Vietnamese, Cambodian and Thai flavours. During the festival, Jerry will showcase traditional recipes using exceptional local mussels in a fresh new way sure to delight your senses.
- Red curry Spring Bay mussels
- Thai basil and lemongrass Spring Bay mussels (both served with half banh mi)
- Fresh young coconut
Specialising in fresh quality seafood from all over Australia, Aptus Seafood is a family owned business that was started by Theo Zahos in 1969.
- Freshly cooked seafood
- Half Lobster Mornay
- Tom Yum Mussels
- Teriyaki Scallops
- Teriyaki Salmon Skewer
- Garlic Prawn Skewer
- Kilpatrick Oysters
- Mornay Oysters
Bambu is an Asian Eating House without regional boundaries. Their Mussel Festival hawker hut will take guests on a modern journey through South East Asia.
ChillBro Paletas offer a traditional Mexican ice cream called a “Paleta” which is made from irresistible creamy and fruity ingredients. All are made with natural ingredients and 100% real fruit.
The Market’s Asian-styled seafood eatery regularly serves up fresh catches along with live music. Expect a flavour explosion for their Mussel Festival menu!
- Mornington Peninsula Mussels alla Puttanesca
- Mornington Peninsula Mussels with ginger-lemongrass sambal
- Mornington Peninsula Mussels Marinieres
- Queensland King Prawns with Tamarind Chutney
- Coffin Bay Natural Oysters
Certified by the Marine Stewardship Council, the Market’s Fish Shoppe specialises in fresh, wild caught fish and seafood from Australian and New Zealand waters.
- Salty Sea Dogg: Thai style fish (Australian) sausage, Vietnamese slaw, pickled cucumber and crusty roll
- Fried Fish Burger: Battered Elephant fish (NZ) with cheese, lettuce and tartare sauce on a soft bun
- Fishermen’s Basket: Fried mussels, scallop and prawn cutlet (all Australian) with sweet potato fries and tartare sauce
- Sweet potato fries with herb mayo
Frencheese – Raclette Fondue Cheese
Frencheese serves Raclette Fondue Cheese, one of the most popular dishes in France, Swizterland and Germany. The dish is melted cheese poured on sauteed potatoes, cured meat and salad.
- La Traditionalle (no meat) – sauteed potatoes with herbs, cornichons, salad and melted raclette cheese.
- La Charcutiere (with meat) – sauteed potatoes with herbs, cornichons, salami, ham, salad, and melted raclette cheese.
The taste of Nepal comes to Melbourne via these parcels of deliciousness!
- Free Range Chicken Momo (Dumplings)
- Vegan/Vegetarian Momo (Dumplings)
- BBQ Chicken Bowl (GF) – Kale slaw with mango chutney, aromatic rice and tomato relish.
A family owned and operated business that sell one product, perfectly cooked Salt & Pepper Calamari. Serving calamari in a cone made from pine with cos lettuce and a wedge of lemon.
Miss Katie’s Crab Shack
The flavours of America’s south have delighted Melburnians since 2013 via Miss Katie’s residencies around the city. Make sure to catch her while she and the team are in South Melbourne.
- Mussel Po’Boys with Mayo, Lettuce & Smoked Paprika
- Spiced Mussel, Crab & Okra Gumbo
- 1/2 Dozen Fried Mussels with Garlic Aioli & Tabasco
- Hot Sauce Pickled Mussels with Coriander
Veteran chef Geoff Lindsay (owner at Dandelion) took over Lamaro’s in 2017, with partner Paul Dimattina. Well established in South Melbourne, it is well known for its fine pub grub and contemporary take on Asian cuisine.
- Singapore Chilli Mussels
- Viet Style Mussels Steamed in Beer
- Thai Coconut Curry Mussels
- Mussel Chowder in a Sourdough Roll
- Young Coconut
- Cozze alla Siciliana
All dishes are coeliac friendly, peanut and dairy free; with the exception of the Viet Style mussels steamed in beer, which contains gluten.
Specialising in fries with all kinds of toppings, plus a burger just for the Mussel & Jazz Festival.
- Burger with milk bun, battered soft shell crab, slaw and spicy mayo
– plain and dipping sauce
– sweet potato and dipping sauce
– chips, chopped garlic oil and parsley
– chips, mayo, grated parmesan and parsley
The Market’s casual Mexican eatery is serving up a bowl with three, four or five fillings on white or brown rice at various prices.
- Mojo mussels
- BBQd squid
- Baked cauliflower
- Crunchy toasted seeds and nuts
- Pico de gallo
- Char grilled corn salsa
- Chilli red beans
- Caesar salad
- Black bean and red onion salad
Rod’s Fruit & Vegetables
Enjoy a freshly squeezed juice from one of the Market’s best loved fruit & veg vendors.
Known for their award-winning big pan paella, the Market’s authentic Spanish restaurant also loves a seafood feast and will be serving up three delicious mussel dishes and more.
- Mediterranean Mussels
- Thai Red Curry Mussels & Coconut Cream
- Flame Grilled Moroccan Spiced Chicken
SMS sources 98% of stock from Australasian waters and with an emphasis on sourcing fish from sustainable fisheries, the seafood not only tastes great but also reduces the impact on the environment.
- Mussel and vegetable Massaman Curry
- Shrimp cocktail with tangy cocktail sauce
- Calamari rings in cones with tartare sauce
- Scallops mornay in shells