Annam Restaurant is chef Jerry Mai’s tasty package of Vietnamese, Cambodian and Thai flavours. During the festival, Jerry will showcase traditional recipes using exceptional local mussels in a fresh new way sure to delight your senses.
- Grilled mussels, burnt XO butter, banh mi
- Crunchy riceflour and mussel pancake, kewpie mayo, native greens
- Spring Bay mussels with chilli caramel and Vietnamese mint
- Fresh sugar cane juice
Aptus Seafoods at the Market specialises in fresh quality seafood from all over Australia. It is a family owned business that was started by Theo Zahos in 1969.
- Mussels Aptus Style
- Mussels served with soy sauce, konbu dashi, lemon and spring onions.
- Half Lobster Mornay
- Coffin Bay Oysters Kilpatrick
- Coffin Bay Oysters Mornay
- Flaming Teriyaki Scallop
- Half shelled scallops, teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds and spring onions.
Aptus Oyster Bar
- Fresh Oysters – single, half dozen or dozen:
- Coffin Bay Oysters
- St. Hellens Oysters
- Qld Cooked Tiger / King Prawns
- Qld Half Lobster
Babou Juice offers a healthy and energising organic cold-pressed juices made fresh to order.
- Orange juice or apple/orange
- Watermelon and mint
- Baby Green – Apple Orange Kale Lemon Ginger
- Baby Red – Apple Orange Carrot Beetroot Ginger
- Babou juice – Apple Orange Carrot Ginger
- Baby Veggie – Carrot Beetroot Kale Ginger Lemon
Bambu is an Asian Eating House without regional boundaries. Our Mussel Festival hawker hut will take guests on a modern journey through South East Asia.
Billy Van Creamy
Billy van Creamy offers natural ice cream made with organic milk, vegan ice cream and real fruit sorbet all made in house in Fitzroy North.
- Vanilla Bean
- Choc Mint
- Cookies & Cream
- Salted Caramel
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip
- Salted Caramel
Chick-In faithfully curbing Melbourne`s insatiable Korean Food cravings for over 5 years. Headed up by CIA (Culinary Institute of America) head Chef Kate Kwon.
- Korean Spicy Chicken Ribs with Crispy Fries
- Gang Jung – Boneless Bite Size Chicken with potato wedge and rice cake paired with your choice of Original, soy or spicy sauce
- Chick-In Famous KimChi Fries
ChillBro Paletas offer a traditional Mexican ice cream called a “Paleta” which is made from irresistible creamy and fruity ingredients. All are made with natural ingredients and 100% real fruit.
Dandelion is Australia’s most awarded Vietnamese restaurant. Well established in The City of Port Phillip’s Elwood, it is well known for its contemporary take on Asian cuisine, its vibrant atmosphere and great wine list.
- Singapore Chilli Mussels
- Spring Bay mussels, tossed in our own recipe of tomato, sweet chilli sauce and other secret ingredients.
- Viet Style Mussels Steamed in Beer
- A classic Vietnamese beach recipe of fresh Spring Bay mussels steamed in beer with lemongrass, chilli, kaffir lime, aniseed basil. Garnished with crispy fried shallots.
- Thai Coconut Curry Mussels
- Bay Mussels, cooked with coconut cream, fresh lime juice and palm sugar. Garnished with coriander.
- Mussel Chowder in a Sourdough Roll
- A rich broth of Spring Bay mussels and their juices, blended with potato, corn and ‘Old Bay’ seasoning.
- Young Coconut
- Pure coconut water, as it was intended.
*All dishes are coeliac friendly, peanut and dairy free; with the exception of the Viet Style mussels steamed in beer, which contains gluten.
Frencheese – Raclette Fondue Cheese
Frencheese serves Raclette Fondue Cheese, one of the most popular dishes in France, Swizterland and Germany. The dish is melted cheese poured on sauteed potatoes, cured meat and salad.
- La Traditionalle (no meat) – sauteed potatoes with herbs, cornishons, salad and melted raclette cheese.
- La Charcutiere (with meat) – sauteed potatoes with herbs, cornishons, salami, ham, salad, and melted raclette cheese.
- La Complete – sauteed potatoes with herbs, cornishons, salami, ham, beef, salad, melted Raclette cheese and melted Morbier cheese.
A family owned and operated business that sell one product, perfectly cooked Salt & Pepper Calamari. Serving calamari in a cone made from pine with cos lettuce and a wedge of lemon.
The new kids on the block – La Central – will be serving their own style of mussels from a tin, straight from Spain. A popular dish in Spain the team will be serving this at their new Deli & Bodega on the corner of the Centre Aisle and Coventry Street.
Mini Melts Icecream
With so many flavour combinations, all full of fun, natural ingredients, Mini Melts are the yummy, meltable treats guaranteed to bring out the inner child in everyone!
Beer battered Mussels and buttermilk battered swordfish fingers with a Mexican slant – spice them up with any of our house made Mexican salsas! Not big on seafood? Try the thick cut beer battered chips loaded with chilli coin carne!
Pieno di Grazia (Full of Grace), our new Italian speciality food stall in the Food Hall, are known for serving everything deliciously Italian! This weekend, at the Mussel Festival, you can also find them out on Cecil Street at their pop-up Italian inspired stall selling:
- Porchetta Panini
- Porchetta with Salad
- Fritto Misto Di Mare
- Zuppa di Cozze (Italian Steamed Mussels)
- Pizza A Taglio (Pizza by the Slice)
- Dolceria – Italian sweets
South Melbourne Seafoods sources 98% of stock from Australasian waters and with an emphasis on sourcing fish from sustainable fisheries, the seafood will not only taste great but also reduce the impact on the environment.
- Mussel Massaman Curry
- Calamari rings in cones with tartare sauce
- Scallops mornay in shells
- Mediterranean Mussels
- Tomato and white wine with fresh herbs, black olives and a hint of chilli.
- Cream & Fennel
- Fresh dill and sliced fennel in a cream sauce.