2020 Port Phillip Mussel & Jazz Festival – Food Vendors
What are we looking for?
- As a community event, we favour vendors whose businesses are located within the City of Port Phillip
- Due to the nature of the event we favour vendors with experience at festivals and events. We are looking for vendors who can provide quick service to keep queues to a minimum and maintain high quality produce.
- We are looking for food carts and marquee based vendors, as this is not a Food Truck event.
- The event is on Saturday 7 March 12pm-10pm and Sunday 9 March 12pm-8pm.
- Road closures are in place from 4am on Saturday 7 March.
- Food vendors are able to bump in from 7am Saturday and bump out by 9pm Sunday.
Event and infrastructure details
- Cecil Street will be closed to traffic between York and Coventry Streets.
- South Melborune Market will be open on both days from 8am – 4pm, with the exception of Cecil Street restaurants and traders who will be open for the event duration.
- Included in the cost:
- 3m x 3m or 3m x 6m marquee
- Power access
- Not included in the cost:
- Stall fit-out: vendors will need to bring all their own equipment, including lighting
- Extension leads and power boards.Please note all electrical equipment must be tested and tagged by a suitably qualified person before being brought to the event. Non-tagged leads and boards are not permitted and all stalls will be inspected. If any are found to be untagged, a $20 fee per lead or power board will be charged.
- Signage – all vendors are required to have a 3,000mm wide x 600mm high sign. All signage needs to be pre-approved by the Market prior to installation on provided marquees.
- 3m x 3m marquee: $1,779 inc GST for the two day festival, inclusive of marquee hire and power access
- 3m x 6m stall: $3,558 inc GST for the two day festival, inclusive of marquee hire and power access
- Food carts: $890 inc GST for the two day festival.
- Pre-book only. All stalls must be booked and paid in advance.
- There are no refunds for cancellations or non-attendance.
- Food vendors will be required to provide their Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency with their application.
- Successful food and beverage vendors will be required to register on Streatrader.
- No sub-licensing permitted.
- After your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed and payment will only be processed once the application is approved. If your application is not approved, payment will not be processed.
- You will be notified of the success of your application (approved or declined) by 30 January 2020.
- Stall selection is at the sole discretion of South Melbourne Market Management.