Port Phillip Mussel & Jazz Festival Food Vendors
Applications for the 2019 Port Phillip Mussel & Jazz Festival are now open!APPLY NOW
What are we looking for?
- As a community event, we favour vendors whose businesses are located within the City of Port Phillip.
- We will favour vendors who will be selling mussels and other seafood, but also understand that the community will be after a range of food options.
- Due to the nature of the event we will favour vendors with experience at festivals and events where time is of the essence. We are looking for vendors who can provide quick service to keep queues to a minimum and high quality produce.
- We are looking for food carts and marquee based vendors, as this is not a Food Truck event.
- The event is on Saturday 9 March 12pm-10pm & Sunday 10 March 12pm-8pm
- Infrastructure including Road Closures will bump in from 4am Saturday.
- Vendors can bump in from 7am Saturday and bump out by 9pm Sunday.
- Cecil Street will be closed between York & Coventry Streets.
- Cecil St food outlets & bars will be open.
- Market will be open both days until 4pm.
- 3m x 3m marquees are included in the cost.
- Stallholders will need to bring all their own equipment. No fit-out will be provided.
- Power is available, vendors will need to provide all extension leads and power boards.
- All electrical equipment must be tested and tagged by a suitably qualified person before being brought to the Market.
- Please note non tagged leads and boards are not permitted and all stalls will be inspected. If any are found to be untagged a $20 fee per lead or power board will be on charged.
- We recommend all vendors bring your own lighting for the inside of your marquees.
- Signage is required for all vendors – 3000mm wide x 600mm high.
- Signage or other items that will be fixed onto the Marquee must be made of PVC or corflute. All signage needs to be approved by the Market prior to installation.
- 3m x 3m stall: $1,694 inc GST for the two day festival and this includes a 3m x 3m marquee provided by the Market.
- 3m x 6m stall: $3,388 inc GST for the two day festival and this includes one 3m x 6m marquee provided by the Market.
- Food carts: $847 inc GST for the two day festival.
- Pre-book only. All stalls must be booked and paid in advance.
- There are no refunds for cancellations or non-attendance.
- Food vendors will be required to provide their Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency with their application.
- Successful food and beverage vendors will be required to register on Streatrader.
- No sub-licensing allowed.
- After your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed and payment will only be processed once the application is approved. If your application is not approved, payment will not be processed.
- You will be notified of the success of your application (approved or declined) in early February 2019.
- Stall selection is at the sole discretion of South Melbourne Market management.