The Port Phillip Mussel & Jazz Festival celebrates its 5th birthday in 2018 and it’ll be one seafood street party you don’t want to miss.
Spend the day in the sun with friends and family, feasting, dancing and celebrating seafood, all to the sounds of Melbourne’s hottest jazz. Over the weekend expect a great mussel cook up from iconic Melbourne chefs, plus street peddlers and the sounds of Bourbon Street.
Think sangria and piping hot mussel paella, wok cooked drunken mussels and craft beer, mussels cooked in Bia Ha Noi with a crisp white wine, and artisanal ice cream and fun for the kids.
Sat 10 & Sun 11 March 2018, from 12pm-late.
Please note: vendor applications are now closed.
What we are looking for?
- As a community event, we favour vendors whose businesses are located within the City of Port Phillip.
- We will favour vendors who will be selling mussels and other seafood, but also understand that the community will be after a range of food options.
- Due to the nature of the event we will favour vendors with experience at festivals and events where time is of the essence. We are looking for vendors who can provide quick service to keep queues to a minimum and high quality produce.
- We are looking for food carts and marquee based vendors, as this is not a Food Truck event.
- We are looking for one experienced bar operator to run two 3m x 3m bars or one 3m x 6m bar at the event.
- The event is on Saturday 10 March 12pm-10pm & Sunday 11 March 12pm-8pm
- Infrastructure including Road Closures will bump in from 5am Saturday.
- Vendors can bump in from 7am Saturday and bump out by 9pm Sunday.
Applications will close Sunday 21 January.