Why SO:ME Space?
SO:ME Space is a retail concept that brings together the best emerging and established designers in an innovative environment for the purpose of brand growth, experimentation and development.
The mix of brands at different developmental stages provides an opportunity for emerging designers to promote and spread their name. In addition, the residency of more established brands provides a learning experience for all involved, allowing such brands to experiment with retail store concepts in a constructive and dynamic environment.
SO:ME Space is a highly creative, contemporary and dynamic retail environment that gives designers the opportunity to test retail concepts and creative boundaries without the restrictive outlays of traditional rent.
The South Melbourne Market location serves up an expanse of creative consumers. The unique position and design of the retail space makes SO:ME Space a progressive project for every brand involved.
The concept profiles designers in an exciting retail concept which embraces design, sustainability and local fashion brands. SO:ME Space subtly tips the hat to South Melbourne (SO:ME), and in doing so, makes the location central to the identity.
The space consists of larger and smaller brands across various product categories. Our four pop-up spaces are rotated regularly with the best emerging designers.
With over 4.7 million visitors through our doors each year, this is a great opportunity to experience the retail environment of the iconic, dynamic and much-loved South Melbourne Market.
Interested in a Pop-Up?
Please make sure you read the below before applying.
Current Pop-up Application Status
SO:ME Space is currently fully booked until December 2017. However, occasionally stalls become available unexpectedly, so there is the possibility that there will be an opening before December.
- We favour stalls with locally designed or made, fashion and lifestyle products. We seek to have an eclectic mix of stalls that are relevant to our target market. SO:ME Space is an opportunity for designers to test retail concepts and creative boundaries without restrictive outlays of traditional rent.
- No food stalls will be accepted for SO:ME Space.
Layout & Size
- SO:ME Space pop-ups occupy a space of between 4m2 and 8m2.
- There are a total of four pop ups.
Availability & Costs
- Pop-ups are available by the week, for a minimum of four and maximum of eight weeks. The rate for these spaces is $200 per week. (Please note, from January 2018 the rate will be $300 per week.)
- Penalty rates apply for the month of December. A 100% loading will apply, making it $400 per week. If you book for the month of December you must also book the first two weeks of January.
- The pop ups are available in weekly blocks and you must operate as per the hours of trading below.
Hours of Trading
You must adhere to the same trading hours as the general Market, but also including Thursday nights during the Night Market. If trading hours change, which often occurs around Easter and Christmas and some public holidays, you must open accordingly (this is non-negotiable).
- Wednesday 8am–4pm
- Friday 8am–5pm
- Saturday and Sunday 8am–4pm
- Trading is a must during the night market (Thursday nights in Jan & Feb)
Failing to open on time and close on time will result in an early termination of your booking.
- All basic fixtures are provided. You are not permitted to bring your own fixtures without permission.
- Built in Shelving and clothes rails.
- Lockable box
- All stallholders will have access to 15Amp power. If you require more power, you will need to use your own power supply.
- Stallholders are provided with signage.
- Pre-book only. All stalls must be booked and paid in advance.
- There are no refunds for cancellations or non-attendance.
- If you do not give 12 hours notice for not trading, you will incur a $100 non attendance charge for each day you are not present.
- The Market reserves the right to relocate stalls for better fit.
- No sub-licensing allowed.
- Stall selection is at the sole discretion of South Melbourne Market management.
Email South Melbourne Market or call 9209 6295.