From Melbourne CBD
- No. 96 from Bourke Street, and get off at South Melbourne (Stop 127).
- No. 12 from Collins Street, which takes you along Clarendon Street, and get off on the corner of York St (Stop 127).
- No. 109 from Collins Street, which takes you to the corner of Clarendon Street and Whiteman Street (Stop 125 – Port Junction). Then transfer onto the No 96 or walk up Clarendon Street, then turn right at York St.
- No. 1 from Federation Square towards South Melbourne Beach to the corner of Park Street and Cecil Street (Stop 25). Alight the tram and head right up Cecil Street by foot. The market is a 5 minute walk away.
From St Kilda
- No. 12 from the corner of Park Street and Fitzroy Street St Kilda, which travels along Clarendon Street, and stops at York Street (Stop 127).
- No. 96 from Acland St, Upper Esplanade or Fitzroy Street and get off at South Melbourne (Stop 127).
From Port Melbourne
- No. 109 from Station Street, get off at Port Junction (Stop 125) and catch the No. 96 tram to South Melbourne (Stop 127).
From South Melbourne Beach
- No. 1 from Victoria Ave to the corner of Park Street and Cecil Street (Stop 25). Alight the tram and head left up Cecil Street by foot. The market is a 5 minute walk away.
2 HOURS FREE PARKING!
If you’re driving to South Melbourne Market, you can enjoy 2 hours FREE parking on Market days.
Disabled parking (7 spaces) is available in our Rooftop Carpark, with lift access directly from the carpark to the Centre Aisle of the Market.
There is also disabled parking (1 space) in our York Street Carpark on street level.
National Bus Route No. 253 runs from Garden City in Port Melbourne, via Bay Street to South Melbourne Market. It runs every 25-35 minutes on weekdays only. For more information about all public transport services, including routes and timetables, call 131 638 or visit Public Transport Victoria.
The Market is well-serviced by two major bicycle routes – both going between the City and St Kilda.