Check out John’s website for a chance to win a copy of his cookbook.
- 100g fried cannellini beans (alternatively tinned beans can be used)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g snow peas
- 200g fresh salmon
- 2 small sprigs fresh dill
- handful butter lettuce leaves
- 3 red radishes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 or 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 or 3 kipfler potatoes (freshly cooked)
- handful capers
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish, or 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped chives
If using dried beans, soak beans over night, cook with bay leaf and garlic clove. Cool before using.
Trim snow peas and blanch in boiling water 30 – 40 seconds to refresh.
Wrap salmon in cling film with dill, tie at both ends and poach 4-5 minutes .
In a salad bowl, put some lettuce leaves and cooked beans, then the snow peas and sliced radish. Flake salmon onto the salad with sliced avocado. Garnish with tomato wedges, capers, and chopped parsley .
Note: this recipe was demonstrated in John’s class “The clever cook – Essential techniques” October 2019.
The recipe and photo are reproduced with permission from John Casey.
Image is indicative only and does not reflect the exact ingredients in the recipe.